Thursday 10 December 2015

Headscarf or Wig?

When you are about to start chemo and you know you will lose your hair one of the big decisions you will have to make is whether to wear a headscarf or wig,some people also decide not to wear anything. What will you choose? A headscarf or wig? Whatever you decide you have to choose the option that you feel most comfortable with. I couldn't bring myself to buy a wig, for me it was an easier option to choose to wear headscarves, beanies and hats. They were comfortable, pretty, and fun. I wore an under scarf/headwrap of cotton fabric and wore slouch beanies over the top when I went out. Some days I wore a headscarf but I was most comfortable with my beanies. When I was in the privacy of my home I wore only the cotton under scarf/ head wrap. My beanies were pink, black, white and beige.They became a kind of security blanket. I have kept them as a reminder. I wore the slouch beanies because they are larger than the average beanie and fit better on my head so people couldn't see my baldness
.

No comments:

Post a Comment