Monday 23 November 2015

Top 5 Signs and Symptoms of Breast Cancer

I have been diagnosed with er+ Pr+ breast cancer twice in two years. In each breast. Both times my signs were different. The first time I was diagnosed I found my lump. It was the size of a marble and felt like it was close to the surface in my right breast.I had a lot of pain across my chest and the lump was painful. I had also lost a lot of weight, was tired and nauseas.

The second time I was sent for a mammogram by my doctor. The only signs I had then that something could be wrong was a daily feeling of extreme tiredness and constant nausea. I was shocked when my results came back, the mammogram and ultrasound picked up a tumor in my left breast. The following are 5 signs and symptoms to look out for, they are not all of the signs, so if you are concerned about any thing, please see your doctor.

1. We should all be aware that ANY change in your breast is reason enough to be checked. Whether it be a change in the size of your breast or nipples, feeling a lump, leaking, pain, indentation, your breast looking like the skin of an orange or change of size and color.

2. I have read that breast cancer is not painful. PLEASE if you are having pains in your breast or chest area see your doctor. Breast cancer can be painful. I know that for a fact.

3.Check under your arms as well. Any pain, swelling or lumps under your arms can also be a sign of breast cancer. Checking under your arms and around your breast area is just as important as checking your breasts.

4. Unexplained tiredness , weight loss and nausea can be signs of many things but they are also important signs to look out for with breast cancer. If you have any of these signs combined with changes in your breasts then please don't delay in seeing a doctor and getting checked.

5. Absolutely no signs or symptoms at all. This reason alone is why it is so important to check and know your breasts. Breast cancer doesn't discriminate. Whether you are 18 or 80, your age doesn't matter. Having no family history doesn't mean you can't get breast cancer.

Having any of these signs or symptoms doesn't mean you have breast cancer but it is reason enough to see a doctor and be checked.



Purchase my book at Amazon. Link at left.

No comments:

Post a Comment